Bitcoin Payment Plugin for RD-Subscriptions Documentation
Bitcoin Payment plugin for RD-Subscriptions.
This documentation contains Guides and How-tos to setup and configure Bitcoin RD-Subscriptions payment plugin on your Joomla site.
Installing a Plugin
- Download the extension to your local machine as a zip file package.
- From the backend of your Joomla site (administration) select Extensions → Install/Uninstall.
- Click the Browse button and select the extension package on your local machine.
- Click the Upload File & Install button.
- Some extensions may provide further instructions on installation.
- Note that modules and plugins must be enabled before they will work.
Configure the PluginGo to Joomla plugin manager and search for ‘bitcoin’ to get ‘bitcoin payment plugin for RD Subscriptions. You just need to configure plugin parameters. Plugin parameters details as below:
- Plugin Name : It is the name of the plugin
- Enable Test Mode?(SandBox) : If you want to perform tests, then turn on the test mode. Therefore you have to obtain a COINBASE API key from https://sandbox.coinbase.com
Do NOT use your live key for testing purposes!
- API Key: This is an API key used for authentication for your Coinbase account.
- Secret Key: This is a secret key used in the authentication process with your Coinbase account.
- Choose currency: Desired Currency that will be used in the Rd-Subscriptions Configuration
- Log File: Log action of plugin.
Get Coinbase API and Secret KeyNow is time to obtain an API and Secret key from Coinbase, log in to your Coinbase merchant account.
- Go to https://www.coinbase.com/settings/api and select "+ New API key".
- You will then see the API key creation dialogue. Choose the wallet you wish to use for your merchant orders, then choose "Show" next to API v1 permissions (legacy)
Note: Steps 2 & 3 cover current plugins created for coinbase v1 API.
- Select the "merchant" permission checkbox as shown below then choose "Create". You can safely ignore the "Allowed IP addresses" setting, unless you're an advanced customer with heightened security requirements.
- You will then be returned to the API settings page. Next click on "enable" next to your new key. This will bring up a verification dialogue, and send you an email with the necessary verification code.
- To reveal your key and secret, click on the number in the "Keys" column. You may need to enter another 2 factor authentication code.